Easynight Portable Black Out Blind
I have personally tested these blinds prior to bringing them in from the UK. They are brilliant! I used the large size on my sons bedroom window which is a pretty standard size window in a modern home. There was loads of fabric to cover the window. I could have chosen to cut the fabric but instead I left the excess out and tucked it behind the roll down blind we have. (which normally lets in loads of light). It truly blacks out everything, and there is a generous number of velcro pads to make sure those tricky corners and sides stay shut! The best thing is, they are so easy to put up and take down.
Here is some important info to read prior to putting the blinds up:
- The window frame must be completely clean and dry. Some cleaning products can leave a residue behind so we recommend rinsing the frame with water after cleaning, and allowing it to dry completely.
- Its important to place the strip correctly the first time, as removing and re-positioning weakens the adhesive. I also found placing the velcro pads higher and closer to the edge of the blind than the photograph shows on the instruction booklet made a firmer grip so the blind could not flop over and let light sneak in. For additional protection against peeping light you can use the 3M Command strips (not included) and place these strips in the corners of the windowsill as shown in the photographs.
- Please use all suction cups and pads evenly to distribute the weight of the blind. When placing the sticky pads on the blinds, press firmly and leave 24 hours so the special fibre can adhere to the blind.
Here is some further information:
Our newest blackout blind is ideal for travelling and when out and about. Light enough to carry with you in its own handy bag, its suction cups make it versatile for use anywhere.
Includes strong suction cups for use on any window. Easynight(TM) can also be used with 3M Command(TM) Strips, not included, on the window frame.
features and sizes
easynightTM black blackout material is silvered on one side for better light and heat reflection.
Lightweight, this fabric weighs 170g per square metre
Easily cut to size with scissors, if you wish, or it can be kept large to fit different size windows.
Now available in 4 sizes:
- Regular: 1.5m x 1.45m, includes 8x self-adhesive wide loop strips and 8x strong suction cups
- Large: 2m x 1.45m, includes 10x self-adhesive wide loop strips and 10x strong suction cups
- Extra Large: 2.3m x 1.45m, includes 10x self-adhesive wide loop strips and 10x strong suction cups
- XX Large: 3m x 1.45, includes 20x loop strips, 20x hook discs and 16x suction cups
EasynightTM can also be used with 3M Command(TM) Strips, not included, which are suitable for use on both wooden and upvc window frames.
New: Now also includes self-adhesive hook discs which can be used on upvc window frames. These can be used instead of, or in addition to, the suction cups. These are ideal for more permanent use, for example at home or wherever the blind will be used regularly.
How it works: (see above important info)
Apply your suction cups to the window glass (or apply 3M Command(TM) Strips to the window if you have purchased them for use on the frame).
Apply the wide loop strips (included in the pack) to the easynight(TM) fabric to correspond with the attachments you have placed on the window.
Once the pads have been set in place to the blind for 24 hours you can then use your easynight blind . Simply put up and take down your blackout as and when required!